Sound Attenuators – Crosstalk
- Casing: High quality galvanized steel sheet of 0.9mm thickness (standard); up to 1.2mm for bigger sizes.
- Splitters/Baffles: Construction using high quality perforated galvanized steel sheet of 0.7mm thickness.200mm splitter width is standard.
- Acoustic Media: Inorganic ,fire resistant , vermin and moisture proof sound absorbent rock wool of 64kg/m³ or 50kg/m³density.
- Liner: Single faced to prevent the media from entering into the air stream.
- Flange: Duct mate flange of 35 mm width.
- Aerodynamic design to ensure maximum insertion loss and minimal pressure drop. Air-
gap and length of silencer are selected to meet the required NC level.
- Cross talk silencer is primarily used to reduce the noise interference between interconnected rooms while maintaining the smooth airflow with acceptable pressure drop level.
- Sturdy construction and high noise absorbing capacity to obtain required insertion loss without compromising performance . Manufactured to ensure long and maintenance free service.
- Splitters are radiused at both ends to minimize self generated noise and pressure loss.
- Casing construction with lock formed seams meet SMACNA standards thus providing excellent strength and rigidity . Thoroughly sealed to prevent air leakage.
- Duct mate flange connection (standard) on both ends in compliance with DW144 standards.
- Acoustic infill media is of superior quality non combustible & have fungi resistant characteristics meeting the requirements of EN ISO 1182 and ASTM C665 respectively. It has excellent noise reduction coefficient characteristics with an additional qualification of being biologically inert.
- Tested and certified by Intertek USA (NVLAP accredited laboratories) in accordance with ASTM standard E477-06a ,entitled “standard method of testing duct line material and prefabricated silencers for acoustical and airflow performance”.
ACT Dimensional Details
Options Available Upon Request (Non Standard)
- Flange : M.S angle frame
- Flange width : 30mm or 40mm
- Media : Fiber glass woven glass fabric as line
- Casing Material: Stainless steel or Aluminium.
Model : ACT
Product Description: Cross Talk Silencer
- Do not place the silencer immediately after the noise source like air handler or blower in order to allow uniform flow profile to develop. Leave at least 2-5 duct diameters in the upstream and downstream of the silencer for better silencer efficiency.
- Do not expose the silencer to dirt or excess humidity while installation or during storage.
- The HVAC system should be designed meticulously for proper dehumidification and air- filtration to prevent microbial growth within the silencer and the duct system.
- It is recommended to install the silencer after the volume control damper to prevent regenerated noise.
Product Order Checklist:
- Required room sound criteria.
- Airflow data for each silencer
- Duct size and maximum length available for silencer to fit in.
- Details of the air-handling units with its noise levels.
- CAD drawings with clear details of duct routing from each unit and duct- size till the first air outlet.